F'htagn

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finale

That was the longest walk of my life. 

I've never done something like that before. I just walked out of my house in the middle of the night and that was it. But my house is so far from the train station it's a miracle I didn't pass out from exhaustion. Or get mugged along the way. I suppose even the corrupt and destitute need to sleep.

Not I.

I'm surprised no one questioned me when I arrived. I guess they often see people my age traveling on their own. They did take away my knife, though. I hadn't thought it was that conspicuous; even after I explained it was for self-defense for my walk here they refused to let me keep it. I'll have to purchase another when I finally reach New York.

It's almost 8 am. We've been traveling for a while. I haven't seen anything or anyone. But I can't sleep yet. Just because I'm on a moving train doesn't mean I'm safe.

I haven't got a lot of money to make this trip. I had saved $120 from Christmas until now, that I had planned on spending on something frivolous, like anime. Forty of that is gone, and another twenty-five must be saved for my bus ride when I finally depart from the city. I have some idea of where I'll be going next--it's simply a matter of whether the other factors will be in my favor. I'll also need some amount else for a new pocket knife, and more if I want to buy food, and more for coffee in order for me to stay at a Starbucks or other with free internet. I'm not losing any of you just yet. My savings are dwindling already if I think of it that way. I might need some way to make money. When I was little I had a dream of making it to Broadway when a big-time producer saw me singing on a streetcorner. Wasn't I cute? Besides, that would attract all the wrong kinds of attention.

If music can soothe the most savage of beasts, why can it not be used as a weapon as well?

O, the nonsense I speak when I'm low on sleep. I'll have to get used to it. 

No outlets on the train. Running low on batteries. I will update as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment