F'htagn

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

What's so good about it. We're celebrating the day that a man was nailed to a cross for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change. Forgive me if I'm offending anyone with my agnostic ways. I don't have much faith in anything.

Yesterday's hike was largely uneventful, though I think I caught a cold in the process. The little bit of countryside and forest that we saw was nice. I think the most interesting part of the trail was seeing all the graffiti, though. Someone had scribbled all over the picnic table we sat at for lunch: "All your base are belong to us", "Serj Tankian FTW", and "why do they always send the poor?" stood out particularly. Whoever had been there before must've been huge System of a Down fans. Along one of the bridges someone had also spraypainted the last lines from Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening".

But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.

Why do I feel like this should speak to me so much.

Part of me wishes that we could've gone farther down the trail. We never truly reached the woods...no, not really. We were close, though. I could tell. I stared down that path so many times on our journey that I could see them. Something about still being able to see the houses through that thin covering of trees just ruined it.

They were calling to me. My name, whispered harshly on the wind.

I didn't answer.


Should I have?


I'm confused. Sickly. I should still be asleep.

Away with ye, spirits, for thou shalt bring me torture only.

1 comment:

  1. Art thou pale for weariness
    Of climbing heaven and gazing on the earth,
    Wandering companionless
    Among the stars that have a different birth,
    And ever changing, like a joyless eye
    That finds no object worth its constancy?

    ReplyDelete