F'htagn

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sleepless

Almost seven in the morning. Didn't sleep very well last night, despite everything. I dreamt. I hardly ever dream. Something about British hotels where they brainwash kids into being geniuses but never let them out again. Another about friends becoming mortal enemies and trying to defeat each other with...something spicy, I forget what it was. Buffalo wing sauce or something. Hell if I know what those were all about. Woke up somewhere past midnight, wasn't able to get back to sleep for a while. Alarm went off about an hour ago, just turned it off and tried to fall back to sleep. Feeling sick as well as tired. Don't wanna go to school today, but mom would never let me stay home. Might as well go, the only thing I'll succeed in doing if I stay here much longer is get my ToK teacher mad at me. Again.


Raindrops, roses, kittens, bright copper kettles, warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with rope. Are any of these where you are?


Head is spinning. Should probably take some ibuprofen, grow a pair and go to school now. It's cold. Ciao.

5 comments:

  1. What is running away? --it's merely formal; the point isn't that you won't run away because you have nowhere to run to, but that psychologically you won't escape, he, he! What an expression! By law of nature you wouldn't escape, even if you had somewhere to escape to. Have you ever seen a moth with a candle? Well, you'll be just like that, you'll circle round me as if I were a candle: Freedom will no longer be a boon to you; you will begin to brood, you will get yourself into a muddle, entangle your own feet in a net, and worry yourself to death! . . . You'll keep on, keep on circling round me, closer and closer, and then, plop! you'll fly straight into my mouth and I'll swallow you, and that will be very satisfactory, he, he, he! Don't you believe me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crime and Punishment. Nice touch. Here, I've got one for you. Or for myself, perhaps, if that's what you're going for. Have you heard it?

    "Alas," said the mouse, "the whole world is growing smaller every day. At the beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad when I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said the cat, and ate it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UQWPR[QTJNSVFAK'IEURIQW[PRFDL;VMQI4OR75AWSFZ'C AJW2R VYQRVJIQ7C0929I4 WAKCEJ 8X12UJEI7YV T5 J;LZM IXZ93784VQO RHJYCVIUWASXBJH1OR8 YLFZDXYOUAREFORSAKEN`10437E2YUC IOVHNJREUSSSSSSXM6YAW8Y17V5N 983 72XDQ89MJ PC892379N 2PX89359 C62154701ZM SN0745C VB8B N375C29N8 75XMZLM,ACL;O&(R XMqY85R6A2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever, mouse-child, but Franz nor Fyodor can save you now. He, he, he ... don't you believe me?

    ReplyDelete