F'htagn

Monday, March 7, 2011

School, Shopping and Slenderhugs

Today has been an interesting day, to say the least. Our school was invited to a college fair a while back and I signed up, so I got to spend the bulk of the day there. (The old fairgrounds are so nice. They seem so small when it's not bustling with people and vendors, but still so beautiful. <3) Looked into a few colleges around my area, but none of them really appealed to me; all of the colleges I'm planning on applying for weren't participating except one. Highlight of the fair was definitely hanging out with my friend Lorraine in the Heroes & Legends Cafe inside the building. $4.50 for a cheeseburger; but with good food and better company it was sooooo worth it.

The afternoon was less....well, good. I had an episode in Math, like I do so often. I just let my thoughts and all the stress catch up to me and, I dunno. I just burst into tears. So I ended up skipping last block. My Chinese teacher found out. I'm liable to find a pair of chopsticks run through my throat by Wednesday.

After school, though, THAT was the fun part of the day. I'm currently in a play written and directed by our esteemed America (again, very difficult to explain) and today we went out to the nearby Salvation Army surplus store to get costumes. When it comes to fashion, I'm......I fail, plain and simple. And I'm horribly self-conscious. Thank the higher powers I have friends with fashion sense, otherwise I'd be wearing a potato sack for the play, or worse. Of course, to get there, I had to boldly go where I had never gone before. *big buildup*

DUN DUN DUN.....the public bus.

I'm so proud of myself. I was so freaked, but nothing happened. It was actually kinda fun!

We had so much fun there. There were hardly any people there, so we just ran along the aisles with our carts, picking out dresses and military uniforms. Not all dresses were for the girls, either. We convinced one of the guys to try on several of the....skinnier pieces. Eventually we found him a suit, which fit his character. Butbutbut. Someone picked out the right color tie and everything, and GO FIGURE he looked like Slenderman. It doesn't help that he's really skinny, either. I convinced him to give me a hug. Such a wonderful guy.

Things have died down now. The rain that's been going on outside all weekend finally ended this morning, only to be replaced with snow for an hour around noon. Now it's just really windy and really cold outside, which isn't that bad, just.....cold outside. I can hear the windchimes outside going crazy outside. I'm currenly procrastinating my History and Biology work. It sucks, I feel so tired right now but I know I have to get my homework done. I'm so doomed next year...if IB gets any harder than this, I wouldn't mind stabbing MYSELF with chopsticks.

Later, gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment